Expert Training and Certification
T he Dispute Resolution Centre is recognised as the foremost training institution for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) locally and offers over 30 short courses in ADR and peripheral fields.
The Dispute Resolution Centre facilitates Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) training and other workshops, seminars and courses on a regular basis. We offer these programmes to the public or customise them to meet your organisation’s specific needs, and will combine any of the following topics to provide comprehensive training courses. Further, our facilitators are drawn from a cadre of distinguished trainers, both locally and internationally, who are leaders in their field.
The Centre is committed to working with CBO’s, NGO’s and faith-based organisations to build a more peaceful nation. Through our training and workshops, the Centre promotes the value of non-violent conflict resolution and mediation and is committed to building career mediators within organisations and communities to service their respective communities.
The Centre has developed a specialised package of Conflict Resolution and Mediation workshops, recognised by the Mediation Board of Trinidad and Tobago, and offer these programmes to counsellors, social workers, community action officers, youth and sport development officers, victim/witness support officers, police officers and police social workers.
Feedback from these workshops is extremely favourable with ratings over 90%. Participants highlight that the trainings closely mirror the socio-economic challenges and cultural dimensions of our communities as they are delivered by local facilitators who also work closely with at risk communities.
The Centre’s Mediation Programme is accredited by the Mediation Board of Trinidad and Tobago and our Trainers certified with the Board.
The Centre provides Practical Mediation skills training and coaching to assist persons hone their mediation skills in a controlled environment. Successful completion of the Basic and Practical Mediation Skills programmes positions candidates to apply to the Mediation Board for certification.
Moreover, the Centre has developed customised training for non-lawyer mediators who participate in court-annexed mediation. The Centre also offers a programme which focuses on the Mediation Act to build a deeper appreciation of the tenets of the Act and, in particular, the Code of Ethics.Following is a listing of our workshops.
• Dealing with Difficult People in the Workplace
• Conflict Management and Resolution
• Analyzing the Cost of Conflict in the Workplace
• Handling Conflict with Ease & Etiquette
• Conquering Conflict & Stress for Improved Performance
• Managing Workplace Conflict
• Successfully Confronting & Resolving Conflict Within Teams
• Achieving Excellence in Customer Service
• Anger Management – Controlling the Volcano Within
• Dealing with Telephone Aggression
• Managing Violence & Aggression
• Stress Management
• Stress Management for Executives
• The Competent Communicator
• Self-Management vs. Self-Conflict for the Busy Executive
• Leadership and Friction – Managing the Shift
• Toxic People, Toxic Workplace
• Comprehensive Strategies for Managing Conflict in Communities
• Managing & Facilitating Change in Dynamic Environments
• Critical Thinking
• Negotiation Skills: Contract, Strategic, International, The Art of Power Negotiations
• Forty-hour Mediation Skills (for Certification by TT Mediation Board)
• Practical Mediation Skills
• Conflict Resolution and Mediation for Schools and Communities
• Peer Mediation
• Building Effective Mediation Skills in the Workplace
• Mediation for Managers
• Advanced Mediation
• Court Annexed Mediation – Practical Training
• Court Annexed Mediation Training for Non-lawyer Mediators
• The Attorney’s Unique Role in Mediation
• The Mediation Act in Practice